THE GENESIS

LIVING LEGEND 
AUTHOR: EBUKA HENRY
DATE: (01/12/2019) 






Many times we as humans tend to celebrate people's achievements when they are dead, we start their eulogy with he/she was a great man, he/she inspired many, touched lives and transformed their Generation. Today I differ from Man's way of appreciation I write my Own Legendary Impact on earth before the dust is raised in my name since every man is a candidate of Death so they say. But with the special Grace of God, I will live to see God fulfill his will for the world through me

Been the First Male Child of 4 children, that was enough motivation to succeed in life😐, I was a Living example. every one of my little siblings looked up to me Character-wise, Copied my Fashion sense, If you had Junior brother's like Mine, they watch how you approached and mingle with the ladies so that they could practice at their own free time with their numerous girlfriends😅 Academically you set the record for the family, You start as a winner most times your younger ones follow suit and when you start as a failure the consequences are too heavy to note down.  The name punishment was my best friend growing up. My humble back as received more lashes than I can ever count.
This was practically my life as I grew up.

My Primary school life was Fun, I was a very active student in sports(Football, Long Jump and High Jump) and I was also every girl's guy if you have ever interacted with me at any point in my life am sure you could tell💃💃. I was the life of the school😍, Love Foundation Primary school will never be the same, my energy was one to reckon with. Crush here and there, I had girls fight over me but do I say, they all wanted me. I was the King Of Noise Makers in my class every List had an Ebuka*7 on it. I could not help it. I love to talk, I was a very happy soul, I made the whole class laugh for my satisfaction it made me fulfilled each day, Each time my name gets on the list I always had to sweet talk the class captain into walking her home from school with assured laughter all the way. That alone did the magic.
Oh, bless my gentle Innocent Heart as it ticked twice as fast anytime my first crush stared at me. Her beauty gave my heart an unusual excitement, she was one interesting person I looked forward to studying in school each day.  She was the smartest girl in class, she was the true definition of beauty with brains, I was the complete opposite not in the way you are thinking 😅😅, I was equally smart and very very funny but less handsome💭 I guess😆. We exchanged lots of mathematical glances with the corner of our eyes our 2eyes + 2eyes  was giving us (1)one unique image.
I was so sure I was going to marry her, foolish boy foolish boy 😅, don't blame me ladies and gentlemen things love do to a man.


Fast-forward to Secondary School, this was where all the growth began. I was admitted to Command Day Secondary A Military school aka No-nonsense school, This was where I transformed from being a boy to a full-grown man. My first day at school was a nightmare, I woke up at 6:30 am feeling unusually excited as I went about my morning chores, It was a new beginning for me as I swept through the veranda of our house images of my last day of primary school lingered in my thoughts, I could still remember the tight hugs the bitter tears that ran down our cheeks, it was a very emotional day. My Class teacher Mrs fatoyinbo congratulated us with deep regret in her voice she encouraged us to be good boys and girls to stay true and honest to ourselves, she then gave us the floor to say anything we would love to say to each other, the class went dead silent but our eyes did the talking as we thought about our final speeches. I stood up and walked in front of the class every available eye followed me, I cleared my throat and started with greetings thanking each and everyone for the moments we shared as a family. I paused for a like a minute or two took in two silent deep breaths and approached my first crush and spoke these words to her "Our friendship was the best stepping stone for our love story. I’ll never forget the day I set my eyes on you, and I will always remember the day I loved you. I love you because with you I don’t feel alone on Sundays and my Mondays are not that bad. You make my week, my month, my year and my life"
The whole class went into a raging market😆, screams here and there Mrs fatoyinbo laughed uncontrollably which caused my crush to leave the class with her face bent down & slightly covered she blushed as she ran to the washroom most of the girls ran after her. I was lifted and shoved up by the remaining boys and girls in the class as they chanted E- bu- ka E- bu- ka, what a time to be Alive
My Mother loud scream brought me back to reality I had zoned out for almost an hour, now I was in big trouble First day of resumption in a military school LATE. Wow-what a moment not to be alive. I was given a football field to clear all the grasses before Breaktime, At that moment I wished for so many things as I buried my face in the grass as I wept silently, a loud whoop from the soldier's whip brought me back to my senses the speed at which those grasses came down until today is yet to be proven by Gravity.
Things were very different here at my secondary everybody walking around with bottled up feelings and emotions nobody had time, we were constantly on alert of the soldiers and their whips. The senior students did not make life easy at all it was like HATE was the watchword they lived by they never wanted to see you happy by any chance. As the saying Goes every day for the seniors One day for the bacheloor. This was one part of my life I did not even try to be funny I kept all my jokes to my self. But my breakthrough soon came it came at the end of the Term during the Annual Inter-House sports football competition  Tiger (Yellow House) VS DRAGON (Red House) the whole school was present on the football pitch even the soldiers were not left behind. The same pitch I cleared with my tiny hands and body full of sweat at the beginning of the term little did I know it would be a source of my breakthrough. The game began, lots of noise and cheering from both sides of the team, the Tigers looked tensed it was evident that the dragons were the better team due to their previous success at the Tournament the team was made of senior and Junior team players. I was the youngest on the Tiger's team so I was made to sit on the bench and watch from the sidelines as the older members of the team played. 10 minutes into the game the Dragons scored from the penalty spot, The dragons jubilated wildly, they danced & made merry I could see the worry on the faces of the Coach & the tiger fans, I wanted to play I knew I was the missing piece in the team. Some minutes to the end of the first half the Dragons scored again but it was disqualified after consultation with the linesman who raised his flag for an offside. At least a bit of dim hope, the referee blew his whistle for half time. The coach was doing his best trying to help restore hope to his hopeless team, the second half soon resumed the dragons were applying a lot of pressure on our defense, as the coach was walking helplessly along the lawn, I caught his eye we exchanged glances then he asked what is your name again, I responded Henry he said like Thiery Henry then I responded yes But better. He made the Hmm sound and called the Linesman for a substitution. The referee brought the game to a halt, the tiger team were wondering who was coming on for them, My heart raced as I stepped on the football field I felt weak the whole football pitch was dead silent followed by series of whispers "who is he". I approached the captain he said since you are small and fragile just stay in front and play as our lone striker everybody who heard what he said laughed at me. I shrugged it off I understood the point he was trying to make the dragons were really big and strong I could not actually stop them at the heart of defense so I stayed in front alone hoping for a loose ball to come my way. the match continued a bit longer until fate smiled on me, A good clearance from the defender had the ball swinging my way I controlled the ball nicely and took off with it approaching the last two defenders at the dragon's defense they laughed as they saw me approach my teammates stood still waiting to see what fate befell me, my coach even had the guts to tell another play to warm up they were all sure my football career was about to end. I approached them confidently I believed I could do it I was now very close I did a very fast step over and a overhead flick which made the two defenders collide, as I  regained the ball gracefully I ran towards the keeper in style as I chipped the Ball over him into the net, what a beautiful goal the whole school went crazy the soldiers jubilated wow what a beautiful sensation. My teammates came and supported me in jubilating, they could not believe it, the tiger fans started chanting my name THIERY HENRY THIERY HENRY. The referee called the game back to Order, now hope was fully restored, the dragons changed thier formation and had a player mark me specifically since I was identified as a threat, the game went on well until I brought down by my man marker a few meters away from the penalty box on my far right. I requested to take the free-kick which the captain agreed to willingly, I placed the ball on the ground and made a few steps backward as I made my calculations. This moment was everything so I took my time as I curled the ball to the far left of the goal post directly into the net. It was a mind-blowing goal everybody followed the goal with their mouth wide open until it found its way behind the net the referee immediately blew the final whistle the whole school went crazy. This was were my fame and good life began.

Now Tiger House was a Team to reckon with, we carried that same Energy to the remaining activities since I was the founding father of Hope for Tiger House my presence was highly appreciated at every activity. Now it was time for High Jump,

One of my favorite sports apart from football. Words spread around the school quickly about me competing in the high jump for the senior boys, the whole school was gathered once again to either witness my failure or my success now that brings me to this very quote of mine "Winning the first time is not a problem, the problem is maintaining that winning streak now that is where the Joy of winning Lies". The Jump Battle began every House with their finest Jumpers which were mainly senior students, No junior student was trusted enough to compete except if you were exceptionally tall or if you were me you know, the STAR BOY of the House.
The first round where easy, we all scaled through. Each level had its own height if you hit the barrier and it falls to the ground you are immediately disqualified there was no second chance. The second  Level came with a little challenge everybody scaled through, one thing that excited me was the "heeey heeey hey applause I got as soon as I took off towards the barrier, the echoes and inaudible gossip of the student kept me sharp and ready, there was no chance for failure.
Now at the Third level, things were beginning to get tricky The First house Dragon House representative scaled through, Flying Horse scaled through, The Representative for Octopus house scaled nicely in his mood for the "Yes" celebration his fingertips hit the barrier at that moment he understood the meaning of being humble, the only problem with him loosing was that he was a Junior student, everybody knew my time had come to an end, the heeey heeey hey reduced drastically there was a pin drop silence when I took off my heartbeat doubled as I continually reminded my self "you can do it", I finally took that Leap aka my leap of faith as I landed safely on the other end of the barrier the whole school went crazy especially the junior students NOW THERE WAS NO STOPPING ME. The last Leap soon came now all my energy was in the right place, my fans were back and I was in a good shape mentally. Dragon house took the first leap and hit the barrier, now that was shocking their representative was last year's winner and he was here to defend his title, now more pressure piled up on the second jumper for flying horse he took off in astonishing speed and landed with the barrier in total mockery, he was super pissed with himself that was his opportunity of clinching the trophy for his house since the favorite had lost. Now Jubilations were heard from the whole school, the band for Tiger house was already in a mood for jubilation, yet again my favorite name chant came on. E-bu-ka E-bu-ka E-bu-ka. I took my time on the track did a few warm-ups, Leg Stretch, Arm stretch, Neck cracks, I knew this was my time I was overconfident I was clinching this, I set off in my usual style but a thought soon came, I decided to follow the thought and finish in style for the students and for the camera I LEAPED, that was the longest glorious moment of my life I MADE A TWIST now that was the biggest mistake of my life😑😆. I heard a crack sound and at the moment I understood the Law of gravity better. I went down with a heavy thud with the broken barrier. The whole school went silent, even my haters that wished me bad luck were shocked to see me fail. There was a Tie now we had to all repeat that final stage again, a glimpse of hope for the jumper from Dragon house he was more than prepared now. he stepped forward and took off but he wasn't so lucky this time around, at this moment I began to pray I prayed and wished for another chance at STARDOM AGAIN, I promised the lord a lot of things at this moment am sure he was laughing at all my promises, Flying horse rep stepped forward and took off too but he did not make the jump he was too frightened he might loose Instead he ran below the barrier which was worse, student began to call him names, it took almost 10-15 minutes to calm the members of Flying horse, Now it was my turn a lot of angry faces were turned towards me. What I could read from there faces was "You too go and do your rubbish and you will see".
I have never been more focused in my entire life, I  did no extra warm-ups, I just knelt down and prayed as I calmed my Heartbeat. I stood up with more hunger and determination to win, I TOOK OFF AS A LOSER, MADE A BEAUTIFUL LEAP OF FAITH AND LANDED A CHAMPION
It was my time and there was no stopping me TIGER HOUSE WENT WILD

FAME BECAME MY WATCHWORD I WAS LOVED AND RESPECTED TILL MY DATE OF GRADUATION.


Now at the Univesity, Most of you know how my life is going on here, will update when I graduate😁💪. But I hope you all enjoyed this piece
leave a comment and tell me how you feel😛😜

Comments

  1. This is the funniest piece I've read and I totally did not see those plot twists coming😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fro your feedback, I am happy you enjoyed it

      Delete
  2. Ebuka, it's Anonymous. My Real name is George Brian Kosgey🙂, I now understand why your jokes are international. Your story and mine are almost the same.... Comedy and girls😂. My God! So you can write this maturely, I mean hii piece ni moto.. Fire . The next Chinua Achebe. Keep it up I like the story.
    Am a student of Films and Theater in KU, so I know to evaluate a good story and others. Yours is legit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy to have another creative critique my work, thank you very much. this has really helped me

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhhh my God! Ebuka this was funny and amazing i swear 😂😂 and i could relate a lot to it especially the time when you said they wrote your name on noise makers list *7 that got me😂😂
    Anyways i cant wait for the update we all go through a lot but we move💃💃💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahha, i am happy, that is actually the goal of every writer, to relate with his or her audience on a personal level

      Delete
  4. Ebuka😂😂😂😂 this one made my evening

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! What an amazing story. I felt like I was in a movie watching some interstellar story . You have the best and most creative way of writing. I was literally glued to reading it wanting to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooow wooow, thank you for this beautiful comment, i really appreciate

    ReplyDelete

  7. Always inspiring Ebuka, such a jovial soul you are💖.. It's a really touching and nice piece😊..may favour continue to be your potion 💥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thus is profound Ebuka. Am amused by your wit and your unequaled character. I must say, the *7 part was hilarious. Keep doing what you do best. Looking forward to reading the next piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all should hale the bachelor...
    Respect brother ..
    This is master class👐🏾👐🏾👐🏾

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I promised the Lord a lot of things"🤣🤣🤣🤣 "...you too go and do your rubbish and you will see"

    😂😂😂😂a funny read but I'm glad you've been a champion since the beginning of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its because i use those quotes
      you always find them, you are a very intelligent reader

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE BEHOLDER'S

A CODE WORTH BREAKING

DUMEBI & THE RIPPER