BEHIND THE LENS

STORY: BEHIND THE LENS
AUTHOR: EBUKA HENRY

MODEL: IVY KOURTNEY
PHOTOGRAPHER: @YEKI_K

Photography they say is an art of taking and processing photographs, I beg to differ. Photography should not just be about taking photos. I see it as one of Man's unique creation, a pause button to life itself, a button used to capture moments, moments used to tell stories in the absence of words. picture they say is worth more than a thousand words 

x

Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures. This feeling I kept alive in my heart anytime I closed an eye behind my lens. I saw her for who she truly was, i zoomed into her scars, fears, insecurities. I wanted to be the Man for her. Speaking to a lady was not my best quality, So I admired from a distance all thanks to my magnifying Lens 



she was Incredibly beautiful. Her beauty was her power, but her smile was Its sword. Everywoman is beautiful not everyone sees it, behind the lens is where all the Magic happens. I shivered in her presence, making eye contact with her was like sending me on a Journey to a Land of no return, I avoided it at all cost. 
The only time I felt no fear was when I had my camera in my hands with one eye shut behind my lens it was my saving grace.



I was fearless, I took her on as I unraveled every inch of mother nature creation on her. Her physique was one to kill for, I once had the privilege of shooting her in booty shorts those images rattled my innocent mind with unprocessed raw images of her. my brain memory hanged on numerous occasions. I expressed my undying Love for her with every shot I took. She thought I loved my Job if only she knew she was the only Job I was good at.
I was lost in her world, her wish was my command, I gave it my all, whatever style or position she wanted I was ready and available. I tried to tell a story with every picture I took. she praised my strength and dedication, Did she understand the story I was trying to paint or was she just thanking me for my gorilla services. I Pondered.
After one of our shoots as I processed her photos, I decided to play a game with her to know my place in her heart. I asked can you mix business with pleasure?
she replied YES with a smile. Damn my Time had come, I was just about to tell her how I felt until she mentioned the word BUT, if only he is a CEO of a company and not a photographer since we are FRIENDS she would not want to spoil our photographic chemistry.
I was BROKEN, I quietly took my camera and left for good as she kept calling me for her photos, I was too shook to respond and that was how I quit my Job as a photographer.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE BEHOLDER'S

Try My Shoes

A CODE WORTH BREAKING